41st ICDPPC Resolutions:
- Resolution on the conference’s strategic direction (2019-21); [FR]
- Resolution on privacy as a fundamental human right and precondition for exercising other fundamental rights. (FR);
- Resolution on the promotion of new and long-term practical instruments and continued legal efforts for effective cooperation in cross-border enforcement. [FR]
- Resolution on social media and violent extremist content online. [FR]
- Resolution to support and facilitate regulatory co-operation between data protection authorities and consumer protection and competition authorities to achieve clear and consistently high standards of data protection in the digital economy. [FR]
- Resolution to address the role of humane error in personal data breaches. [FR]
Working Group Reports from the 41st Conference in Tirana, Albania (2019):
- Digital Education Working Group report [FR]
- Data Protection Metrics Working Group report
- International Enforcement Cooperation Working Group report and presentation
- Digital Citizen and Consumer Working Group report
- Ethics and Data Protection Artificial Intelligence Working Group report
- Future of the Conference Working Group report
For further information, please see here.
Speech and presentation by Dr. Ing. Konstantinos Karachalios, Managing Director IEEE SA, at Closed Session Topic A: Practical workshop follow-up to the AI and ethics debate at the 40th Conference – From Theory to Practice.
Privacy, Voter Surveillance and Democratic Engagement: Challenges for Data Protection Authorities. Research by Professor Colin J. Bennett from University of Victoria, B.C., Canada, presented at the Closed Session.
Video of keynote speech by Brad Smith, President and Chief Legal Officer at Microsoft, at the Open Session.
Keynote speech and presentation on Accountability by Christopher Docksey, Hon. Director-General of the European Data Protection Supervisor, at the Open Session.
Presentation by Joe Cannataci, UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Privacy
List of Voting Members